Originally posted 7-26-09
From: Monroe Cartoonist Collection: "The Low Bidder" by Bill Monroe
"I was low bidder on every contract!"
Organic Gardening In The News
Tidbits of news you may not get on the local broadcast.
Software For Water-Wise Landscaping: New update release to computer software that take the guess work out of xeriscape planting by helping you pick plants for water-wise gardens and landscaping. We need all the help we can get.
Increased Organic Gardening Interest: This article from the Indiana News discusses how garden centers have been flooded with first-time gardeners. They're seeking knowledge on "growing their own" vegetable gardens for several reasons:
- To save money. The economic meltdown has created more interest as folks are looking for ways to make their budgets go farther. There may be an up-side to the down-turn.
- For better taste. Most everyone knows there's no comparison to a home-grown tomato and those anemic ones at the grocery store.
- To reduce exposure to chemicals. There's more awareness about the accumulative effect of long term exposure to even low levels of chemicals - not to mention the food contaminate-scares of late.
"Is there something out there that will make my lawn green without killing my dog?"
Pure Black Castings® and VermaPlex®: Organic fertilizers from earthworms. Non-toxic. Safe for pets, children. Use it on your lawn, in your garden, around your plants, in your coffee, heck - pour it on your head......not to worry.
Next....Fertlizing Our Lawn and Pasture/HayDigger returns with his take on our efforts to keep this little farm "green".
- by Kayce
Certified Organic Garden Fertilizer Resources:
- Pure Black Castings™: Certified Organic Worm Castings created using only organic materials.
- VermaMax®: Chicken Litter organically composted using VermaPlex®.
- VermaPlex®: Created from Certified Organic Pure Black Castings™. Innoculate your garden soil and your compost heap.
- Organic Fertilizer Information: Find use/application guides at Monroe Works