Originally posted 7-13-12
|Digger digs Daylilies|
Start New Plants With Daylily OffshootsSee those little daylilies growing off from the sides of your plants? Snap them off and transplant to expand your garden for free. Here's how.
Fill 5 inch containers with potting soil mix.
Break offshoots off when several leaves develop and there are some rudimentary roots forming.
- Plant deep enough to keep the plants upright.
- Moisten with VermaPlex ®mix (1 part VermaPlex® to 20 parts water) to stimulate root growth.
- Place transplants into full-sun.
- Check daily and water if needed.
- Roots will begin growing rapidly.
- Apply VermaPlex®/water mixture in two weeks.
- Transplant into your garden in the fall or early spring.
Certified Organic Bulbs Fertilizer:
VermaMax®: Chicken Litter organically composted using VermaPlex®.
VermaPlex®: Created from Certified Organic Pure Black Castings™. Innoculate your garden soil and your compost heap.
Organic Fertilizer Information: Find use/application guides and Monroe Works.